Technology Transfer Office
Head: MSc Jure Vindišar
Researchers can attract interest and generate enthusiasm within the scientific community by presenting their scientific achievements and research results in publications and public presentations. However, without additional investments necessary for the transfer of knowledge to the market, these breakthroughs may never be used in practice for the benefit of society. The purpose of the Office is therefore to accelerate the process of transforming scientific achievements into tangible products and services and return all earned income to the Institute and its researchers in order to support new research.
Technology Transfer Office Mission:
Office Activities include:
- Assessment of knowledge developed by the Institute
- Providing legal advice in the exchange of confidential information and contractual cooperation
- Assistance in deciding on the patenting or sale of knowledge
- Assistance in developing business strategies, market analysis and creation of spin-off companies
- Assistance in obtaining funds for research, product development and the valorisation of knowledge
- Assistance in establishing business contacts between researchers and entrepreneurs
- Organization of trainings
How can Technology Transfer Office help researchers?We help researchers to transfer their useful knowledge to the market and ensure protection of their intellectual property. Support for researchers includes the assessment of potentially promising technologies. We also assist them in finding funding for the commercialization of new knowledge in order to develop new technologies and in finding partners / companies who are interested in product development by using these new technologies. We advise researchers in the process of defining licensing strategies and assist them in negotiations.
How Can Technology Transfer Office helps entrepreneurs?Technology Transfer Office helps entrepreneurs to establish contacts with researchers at NIB and to identify promising new technologies. NIB researchers continuously generate useful new knowledge, which is assessed, marketed and licensed by Technology Transfer Office. The office also helps entrepreneurs in the establishment of joint Research and Development units.
NIB Technology Transfer OffersDETECTION OF MICRO-PARTICLES VARIABILITY: METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR SIMULTANEOUS DETECTION OF MICRO-PARTICLES OF VARIOUS CONCENTRATIONS,MORPHOLOGICAL AND PHYSIOLOGICAL TRAITS IN SUSPENSIONS
INNOVATIVE BRAIN CANCER DATABASE TO IMPROVE TREATMENT OF GLIOBLASTOMA
Technological offer (pdf.)