1. Making of advanced science
- Publication of advanced scientific articles in best publications with high factor of influence and a high degree of citation.
- Promotion of innovation in research.
- Winning recognition in international scientific elite by acquiring European and other international projects.
- Participation in domestic and EU projects as reviewers, membership in international editorial boards of journals and monographs, organization of international meetings, workshops and education programmes.
- Linking and cooperation with domestic as well as international Centres of Excellence.
- Increase in international exchange of researchers (introduction of sabbatical year or longer lasting studies abroad) and students.
- Application for international patents.
2. Transfer of knowledge to users
Besides fundamental and applicative directions in science that are mutually interconnected, we also wish to strengthen transfer of knowledge to users in business and public sector and to stimulate the pedagogic work of our co-workers.
- Increase in the flexibility of research planning and in targeting of business user needs, which also makes possible the orientation towards development and use of new knowledge.
- Establishment of cooperation oriented dialogue with the business sector. The latter demands:
- Development of the communication and negotiation capabilities in relation to the business sphere.
- Development of business mentality that is especially needed by younger and young researchers.
- Ensurance of the administrative and legal help, intended for support of business company formation and protection of intellectual property.
- Stimulation of marketing activity (with professional help in this field) over the internet, publications, participations in fairs, etc.
- Acquisition of public authorizations and winning recognition as the professional support for ministries.
- Stimulation of pedagogical work in the existing higher education institutions and search for possibilities of forming or acquiring concessions for certain pedagogical programmes, own graduate schools, summer schools, courses and similar.
- Marketing of pedagogical work by organizing various education programmes, workshops, courses, summer schools, etc.
- See also point 3.
3. Employment and education of quality personnel
- Assurance of a suitable and deliberate choice of personnel with tenders, testing, etc.
- Systematic training of all personnel with continued transfer of knowledge and connections between older and younger researchers – assurance of the principle of succession.
- Taking care of permanent professional improvement of supportive knowledge of administrative personnel as well as that of researchers (concerning management, team work, project acquisition, ethics, foreign languages, etc.).
- Taking care of stimulating the creativity, innovativeness and satisfaction of employees with the work they are performing.
- Taking care of material and non-material motivation in the framework of possibilities as a public institute.
4. Permanent improvement of organization that will enable flexibility and good information flow, and shall strengthen the cooperation between departments.
The basis of good organization is clarity of goal definitions that were set as far back as in the year 2000 when we created the system of quality ISO9000 in the management of NIB, which we are still following and are continuously successfully improving. The system assures a clear organizational structure, clear communication and good flow of information between employees.
- Stimulation of team work.
- Provision of good information system with up-to-date information on the internet site and the use of intranet – internal information system.
- Relief of research personnel from the administrative work by establishing a project office which shall serve as support for project work, especially as far as international projects are concerned.
- Maintenance and improvement of quality system.
5. Improvement in equipment and enlargement of infrastructure
- Purchase of latest and high-quality equipment.
- Better utilization of equipment.
- Synchronized planning of larger equipment purchases inside and outside the institute.
- Cooperation in various forms of infrastructure interconnections including business incubators, Technological Park and business companies.
- Intensive search for possibilities of essential increase in facility capacities.
6. Provision of financing that allows for continuous growth and development
- Acquisition of larger, long-term projects or programmes.
- Increase in funds for programme financing.
- Provision of sufficient amount of funds for stable and quality cadre structure.
- Search for and provision of new financial non-governmental sources and long-term public authorizations.
- Increase in the share of revenues from business sector.
- Gaining of revenues from sales of protected intellectual property.
- Increase in the share of revenues stemming from the business sector, but primarily ensuring of conditions for formation of own (spin-off) business companies.
7. Endeavours for autonomy in functioning
- Endeavours for equal rights and democratic cooperation in all political and social organs that are responsible for policy of science on all levels.
- Endeavours for highly professional, effective and responsible structure and composition of management organs of NIB: Management boards and Scientific Councils.
- Social-political activity of NIB members and connection with structures of relevant ministries.